Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding peace in times of sorrow

I have a living hope...God brought His Son through the most painful trials and back from the pit of death itself, I know He can bring me through this trial. I know that my trial is not the end of the story...it's the rough journey that leads me to the right destination. I know the world views this trial as a senseless tragedy, that I should be bitter, I have seen God reveal Himself to me every day and He pours out a full measure of grace and peace every day. Yes, I was called upon to go through this suffering so God can be glorified. Do I understand that? NO, Do I rejoice in that truth? NO, Do I accept that truth? YES. While all of this may not make sense, I am reminded that when I can't trace God's hand, I can trust His heart.




When all you have left to do is pray...you pray!



Lord, You're with me right now, You have been, You have your reasons for what is happening. You care too much for me to let this get out of hand. Take charge. Give me grace to stay calm. Control my emotions. Be Lord over my present situation. Lord, You know there is no way that I can set the record straight, it seems to be getting more out of control and complicated and I find myself relying on You...at Your mercy. Take over Lord, You be the Master over this moment, I can't change this person, I can't alter these circumstances. I know someday You will make clear the "why" this happen, I know Your ways are higher and far more profound than my mind can comprehend. I accept Your direction and I will live with it the best I can. I know You know the pain and heartache I am going through, some days it is almost unbearable, but You are soverign and You can handle my needs, with Your strength I can carry this burden. Quiet my spirit. Give me a sense of relief as I face the fact that life is difficult and unfair. Keep me from having any bitterness. Enable me to see beyond the present, to focus on the invisible, and to recognize that You are always here with me. Thank You for the joy of today. Thank You for the relationship I have with You. Thank You for the love and care of my friends and family. Thank you for every tear drop, You bring joy. Thank You for the truth of Your word that lives and abides forever.

2 comments:

  1. terri.. God loves you and I do too!!! My Prayer for you is for you to see the wonderful lady that you are that everyone else see when looking at you...your childern loved you ,your grandchildern love you, and you have more love in that big heart of yours than any body I know... God has a plan for you and it is great.. because you are wonderful... I am here for you always 24 /7 love you as he loves me...

    ReplyDelete