Saturday, November 7, 2009

Horse Tales

Today was Meredith's 25th birthday and I pray that it was a good day for her. I did stop by and see her this morning, she is so beautiful pregnant! Well, she's always beautiful. Hannah, Ashton, and Brennon went to Dothan shopping, Ashton is going to be in a beauty pagent at school and they were looking for her a dress. Grayson spent friday night and today with us. So, Today we moved more things out of our house and into Adam's empty house for storage. We've made a dent, but we have a ways to go. Where does all this stuff come from? I did not realize just how much stuff I have. I feel so sorry for my dog, Gretchen, she know's something is up, she whined and barked more today than I have EVER heard her do. I kinda wondered if she thought I was going to box her up too, I seem to be boxing up everything that reminds me of the "good ole days of home". The one thing I can NOT bring myself to do is remove B&K's fingerprints off our tv screen, I have made my mind up they are staying, besides what does it hurt? I did box up some toys to take to the Christian service center, I was going to get rid of all of them, but I could not bring myself to get rid of the Barney key board, that Kenadi loved! Of course she loved anything Barney! She also loved this wood toy with beads on it, she'd sit and move those beads all around. I could not get rid of the toy tractor, ball and bat or camera that Brayden loved so much. The baby doll that Kenadi got for her last birthday, with the eye messed up from her doing I don't what to make it look like it does. Brennon came over the other day and she knew that was Kenadi's baby and she wanted to put clothes on it for Kenadi, Brennon also found a pacifer, that she brought to me and told me it was Kenadi's, no I could NOT part with it either, to me all these things are "heirlooms". My Mother, who went home to be with the Lord, on June 12, 2005, told me that "heirlooms" to her were the things that were dear to your heart, things that to others you may not be able to explain, the why you keep them, but they are special to you and you love them. I have LOTS of "heirlooms". They once filled our home, but now they are boxed away, waiting to be brought out again, I sure hope it's soon! With the housing market the way it is, it will be a "God thing" for ours to sale, soon! I have a house already picked out, every time I go by it, I say "Lord, you know I want that house". I really feel like it's ME...I pray that God's will is for it to be mine. Time will tell. I want to share a funny memory with all of you...when Meredith was in high school, she wanted a horse and we got her, well I guess I should be honest and say I brought this very pretty horse home from the local horse sale, and you know what folks, I know NOTHING about a horse, that makes a bad horse dealing when you don't know what you're getting. Well, he was pretty, I think it was a he, well anyway Meredith got her a horse, she seemed happy to have this horse that she named scaredy, this horse was frightened of just about everything...well one afternoon, Gregg came up and he and Meredith saddled the beast up and rode him, he was a little stubborn, but they had fun, well when they got back to the house, I went out to see how the ride went, and they talked me into riding him...YES folks this old lady got on this horse, first time I'd been on a horse in lets say 30 years. Well I was up in the air, longer than I was in the saddle, yeah go ahead and laugh, I don't mind, all my kids, husband and dear friends that arrived just in time to see my acrobate moves, laughed uncontrollably, Gregg saved my life, he picked me up from out from under that beast and ran with me cleared me from the hoofs of that beast. Needless to say that CRAZY horse went to the next weekend sale in Brewton, Alabama, which is like an hour away, I had to pay someone to haul him there, then I had to pay someone to take him off my hands. Yes, I came in the hole with that one. NO MORE HORSE BUYING FOR ME!! She did get another one and she is buried in our back yard, due to the colic. No more horses! YEA. I do have 2 goats, one I bought at a yard sale for 10 dollars, yes a yard sale. I hope you enjoyed the humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment