Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am thankful for all God has blessed my life with. I must remind myself that I live in a fallen world, where blessings and sorrows intermingle freely. In the last 118 days there has been so much sorrow, but in the midst of all my sorrow, I have NEVER been alone. God has carried me each moment. When I allow God to rule in my heart, my eyes are opened to more and more of His blessings. When I sit quietly in His presence, I have a peace that grows in me, that can only come from Him. He is taking me on a path that I am totally aware that I could NOT walk with out Him. I have found peace in the midst of despair. I am learning to thank Him for hard times and difficult journeys, it is through those darkest days that He is the Light shining on those days. I am depending on God continually, trusting Him to guide me, and strengthen me each day.

Tomorrow, we are leaving to go to our son, Adam's home in Ardmore Alabama for Thanksgiving. This is the first Thanksgiving that I will not have all my children together and that saddenes me, but hopefully next year we can all be together as a family. Hannah, Jeremy, Ashton, Grayson, and Brennon are leaving early in the morning and Rick and I are leaving when he gets off work. Meredith and Gregg are spending Thanksgiving close to home with their friends Ashton and Ronnie. I plan on doing some baking in the morning, Adam wants a chocolate cake, Jeremy a pecan pie, so I thought I'd bake them before we left. I am so ready to see my granddaughter Addison and get some hugs and kisses from her. Ashton, Grayson, and Brennon are looking forward to seeing her too. This is going to be a very difficult time for all of us, but I know for the sake of Ashton, Grayson, Addison, and Brennon we need to have a time together as a family. When we come back on Sunday we will only have a couple of days before our little Kaidi will be here; (unless she decides to come early. ) I pray you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and may God continue to bless each of you.

2 comments:

  1. I know that these coming Holidays are going to be so hard for you guys, I am praying and thinking for/of you all. Have a safe and good Thanksgiving. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Love Michael and Yvonne

    ReplyDelete