Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Packing up and moving out

Today I spent packing up lots of dishes, glasses, books, pictures, and board games. Rickey's brother Jay and his son-in-law Derrick came up to help us move furniture to Adam's empty house in Samson for storage. I never realize just how many wine glasses I have, we don't even drink wine! What's up with that? Why do I keep things I don't use or need? I packed up a lot of books, we've already ready them, so why do we keep them? Crystal dishes, yes I have used them! But do I need all of them? I have things that belonged to my grandparents, Rickey's grandparents, my mother, Rickey's aunt, Rickey's mom, and I even have things that my dear friends have given me, that they no longer wanted. That's it, I have lots of things that I hang on to because they need me...they were cast offs to others but to me they are "heirlooms". I can remember each one that was given to me, or each one that I bought. I have these really cute salt/pepper shakers that Vickie bought for me and a set for her, and they look like the two of us. I have roosters of all kinds and colors, each one absolutely beautiful to me, I have a crystal rooster that Gregg and Meredith gave me one Christmas. I have this chicken that has the cutest personality, she's hanging and she moves and everyone that has seen her, laughs. You probally think I am crazy and I am, crazy for my "heirlooms". I would love to post pictures of all my "heirlooms" but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, soon maybe! I will end this post with a "cock a doodle do" to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you joined the blogging world!!! You and Vicki do have some stuff. Hollar if you need anything. Love ya

    ReplyDelete